Getting Started with the Connector SDK¶
In order to use the Jitterbit Harmony Connector SDK and build a connector (either the example Dropbox connector or a custom connector of your own making), you’ll need to complete these requirements:
- Install the Java SE Development Kit 8.
- Install Maven.
- Install Postman (optional, but highly recommended).
- Install and register a Jitterbit Harmony Private Agent version 10.0 or higher.
- If running on Windows, we recommend a Windows Private Agent.
- If running on macOS, we recommend a Docker Private Agent.
- If running on Linux, either a Linux Private Agent or a Docker Private Agent.
- If using Docker:
- Install Docker (required to run a Docker Agent).
- Download the Jitterbit Harmony Docker Private Agent image using
$ docker pull jitterbit/agent:latest.
To build the example Dropbox connector, you’ll also need to:
- Register with the Dropbox Developer Program, create an application, and retrieve its
access-tokenkeys (covered in the Dropbox Connector Tutorial).
- Clone the example
A copy of the Jitterbit Harmony Connector SDK library is included as a component of the Dropbox connector and can be obtained by cloning the repository.
Dropbox Connector Tutorial¶
We recommend that all developers of a connector first build, run, and test the example Dropbox connector to work out any issues in your development process and settings.
To assist you, the Dropbox Connector Tutorial covers:
- Building the example Dropbox connector
- Registering the connector
- Editing the manifest
- Building the JAR file package
- Installing the connector
- Running the activities of the connector in different scenarios